VMEA Collegiate Chapter Recognition Programs
- Advocacy – We encourage all chapters to present a project promoting the importance of music education for all, or to assist in an advocacy effort taking place in their community. Examples of projects can include “Beyond the Bubbles” videos and student-led advocacy training sessions.
- Music Program — A musical program organized and/or presented by a chapter.
- Professional Development — A project organized and/or presented by the chapter to further the professional development of its members.
- Recruitment Techniques — Successful techniques to recruit members to the chapter.
- Service — A project organized and/or presented to benefit its school or community.
All active Collegiate VMEA Chapters are eligible to participate. Chapters are allowed to submit one description for each category. If more than one description is submitted for a particular category, the description received first will be the one considered. Activities completed between November 15 of the prior year and the deadline of October 21 are eligible for the Chapter Recognition Program. Applications and descriptions received by the deadline will be evaluated based on chapter participation, commitment, creativity, impact, organization, uniqueness, and visibility. The Collegiate VMEA Executive Board and Advisory Board will select the chapters to be recognized. Chapters chosen for the Recognition Program will be recognized at the annual Collegiate Reception at the VMEA In-Service Conference and featured in the Winter issue of Notes.